[Summit] XMPP Summit

Sam Whited sam at samwhited.com
Tue Sep 29 16:42:24 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 29, 2015 at 11:32 AM, Kevin Smith <kevin.smith at isode.com> wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2015, at 17:27, Peter Saint-Andre - &yet <peter at andyet.net> wrote:
>>
>> Sending direct with cc to summit at xmpp.org.
>>
>> I realize that the Summit next (!) week might be more of a meetup than a true Summit, given that only me, Matthew, Sam, and likely Fippo and Lance will attend in person. In the interest of making it as productive as possible, I'd like to hear from you all about what topics you'd like to cover.

Great idea!

> 2) ‘I’ve read this’ synchronisation between clients really isn’t a solved problem that I can see, and I’d like it to be. Again, smart people solving my problems for me would be good.

This is one I'd thought about too (maybe trying to make sure that MAM
can be used for this?).

Read state tracking is another place that I thought could use some
improvements and is (somewhat) related.

Alternatively, we could also think about picking one big thing and
getting a draft out in those few days (or at least hashing out the
basics). Eg. let's just sit down and spend the entire time writing /
working on MUC2.

—Sam

--
Sam Whited