[Summit] XMPP experts for joint meeting of W3C WoT IG and IRTF T2T RG 25-28.1.2016 in Nice, France

Sergey Dobrov Binary at JRuDevels.org
Fri Jan 15 17:08:25 UTC 2016

On 15/01/2016 18:21, Hund, Johannes wrote:
> Hi Sergei,
Hi!

> well it is basically up to you, the topic discussed will mainly be about an IoT application layer that is based on web technologies.
> The interest group is discussing a transport agnostic design, and I think it would be a good idea to involve the XSF in the discussions how a mapping to XMPP would be best.
> Most material is best found on our wiki: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/Main_Page
> And our github space: https://github.com/w3c/wot
So yeah I'm not really in the topic and although I am curious of it I
think I'll be lost there.

> As for the open day, there is just the registration on this wiki page: https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2016,_January,_26th_%E2%80%93_28th,_France,_Nice
> For the other days, there is a construct of "invited expert", we could also see to get that settled if needed.
But when exactly the XMPP guys are needed?

> As I've seen the XSF summit is on 28th, we could also see if we can arrange a conference call for a joint session between XSF and the protocols and APIs task force of the W3C WoT Interest group.
>
> Do you know who I would best talk with about that?
This could be the easiest option of course and also may gather more
people from XSF. I believe that Ralph ralphm at ik.nu should be the right
person to contact.

Thanks.

--