[Summit] XSF Summit 24 / FOSDEM 2020 hotel arrangements

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 08:31:59 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

For those who are looking for a place to stay during the XSF Summit 24 and
FOSDEM 2020 events, the XSF has arranged for a group discount. We have made
arrangements at the same hotel as the last few years: Thon EU
<https://www.thonhotels.com/hotels/belgium/brussels/thon-hotel-eu/>.

The offer covers four dates, from the 29th of January to the 1st of
February. You're not required to make a reservation for all of these days:
you can choose which of these dates you're interested in. If you're
interested in extending your stay, please let me know, and we'll work
something out with the hotel.

The rates vary per day:

   - 29th of Jan: 185 euro
   - 30th of Jan: 145 euro
   - 31st of Jan: 90 euro
   - 1st of Feb: 90 euro

A summary of the terms and conditions (more details are provided on the
website where you can make your reservation):

   - The breakfast buffet, VAT (6%), Wi-Fi and services (including free
   access to the fitness and sauna) are included in the room rates.
   - The city tax (4.24 EUR/room, per night) is not included in the above
   room rates.
   - If you're interested in sharing costs, you can book a room with double
   occupancy. This adds 30 euro per night to the price of the room.
   - *Discounted rates are available until January 17, 2020*. After this
   deadline these rates are subject to availability.
   - Please be aware that the number of rooms is limited.
   - You can cancel your reservation free of charge up to 3 days before
   arrival date via this website or by contacting the hotel. For late
   cancellation or no show, the entire stay will be charged on the provided
   credit card.

As the number of rooms is limited, I think it's best that we not share the
reservation link on this publicly archived mailing list. *If you're
interested in making a reservation, please send me a message, and I'll send
you the reservation link that you can use to claim your room*!

When you plan on joining us at either the summit or FOSDEM, you might want
to consider joining the summit multi-user chat at summit at muc.xmpp.org and
join the summit mailinglist at
https://mail.jabber.org/mailman/listinfo/summit

There are two pages on the XMPP.org wiki for the summit and FOSDEM that
we'll use to share information. If you attend, please update your
information and keep an eye on
https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Conferences/Summit_24 and
https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Conferences/FOSDEM_2020
<https://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Conferences/FOSDEM_2020>

If you have questions, please reach out to me, and I'll try and help you
best as I can.

Regards,

  Guus