[Summit] Language!

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Fri Jan 18 10:34:37 UTC 2019

Hi

on the topic of engaging / better integrating new comers / shy people
/ what ever you want to call it. I noticed in previous years that most
of the discussions happen on one side of the table because this is
where the active people sit (for what ever definition of 'active').
The problem is that the room is large enough that you can potentially
have two completely different discussions on both ends (as evident by
the fact that we did do this in the past when we split the group into
two different topics/ interests groups) and this tends to 'exclude'
people just by the nature of how big the room is. I think that this
problem could be avoided if the 'active people' / 'people who have a
lot to say' / (you know who you are) move to the center of the table
instead of clustering on one end. This has also been brought up last
year by someone but was quickly dismissed (mostly by said 'active
people')

cheers
Daniel