[webteam] End user site

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Jul 16 15:51:09 CDT 2007

Sander Devrieze wrote:
> 2007/7/12, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk>:
>> On 12 Jul 2007, at 20:29, Florian Jensen wrote:
>> > The problem I see with another name is: It is even one name more. We
>> > already have Jabber, XMPP, Google Talk, G-Talk, Talk ... whatever. We
>> > should choose one of these names and make them the main one.
>>
>> We have, and we always have had, and it's Jabber.
>
> Then the XSF should send out a press release about this and force
> projects that are starting to use something else to revert these
> changes. Besides that, where can I find a sexy official logo without
> text in it?

We've been through this many times on the XSF member list.

The XSF defines XMPP "core" (via the IETF) and XMPP extensions. It is
(IMHO) none of the XSF's business what people call the applications they
build using XMPP.

That said, I want people to use the term Jabber. And that is something
we will advocate at jabber.org, and that I personally will encourage
people to do.

https://stpeter.im/