[Jabber-IETF] Agenda items

Robert Norris rob at cataclysm.cx
Mon Oct 7 00:52:48 CDT 2002

> > I know that the jabber community is looking hard at how to improve our
> > namespace correctness, and the help of the WG would be greatly appreciated.
> > It would be nice to lay out some kind of "migration plan" which doesn't
> > break all current implementations, but outlines a way for us to get to be
> > fully namespace compliant.
>
> Agreed.

I recently submitted a proposal for full namespace to the JSF, which may
be of some use. It can be read at
http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0044.html. An implementation along these
lines will appear in the next version (2) of the open source server.

> BTW, Pete, you may be interested in the JNG (Jabber: Next Generation) and
> Jabber Framing discussions we had in standards-jig about a month or so ago.
> (Much of the discussion driven by Mike Lin's experimentation.) it's a pretty
> good summary of the many discussions we've had to "improve" Jabber framing
> to simplify implementation and increase server efficiency. In addition, I
> think Jabber Inc has some mods to their server to basically do the same via
> null terminated XML in order to support Flash Jabber clients using Flash
> MX's XMLSocket.

FYI, v1.4.2 of the open source server (and the upcoming v2) also does this.

Rob.