[Jabber-IETF] Agenda items

Pete Chown 1 at 234.cx
Tue Oct 8 10:10:32 CDT 2002

I wrote:

> As far as I can tell, the current drafts are fully namespace compliant.

My braincell was out on loan when I wrote this. :-)

There is a problem with namespace compliance in the current drafts.
When SASL is to be used, this is indicated by including a SASL namespace
declaration.  This is not the way namespaces are intended to be used.
Namespaces are only significant when they are used, not when they are
declared.  I suppose it's a bit like writing "typedef int foo" in C, but
then never declaring anything to be of type foo.

Perhaps we need a mechanism like the SMTP EHLO system, whereby a server
can indicate the optional features that it supports?

--
Pete