[xmppwg] stream:error codes

Jer jer at jabber.org
Wed Oct 23 11:40:27 CDT 2002

The original intention of the stream namespace was to be a simple
"on/off" carrier, a simple wrapper, and the application namespace(s)
would do all of the work and communicate any/all of the errors in a way
that they understand.  Besides the already mentioned problems with a
409, a 404 also doesn't make sense, since the to="" attribute is in the
jabber:* namespace, not part of the stream.  A few of the other error
codes might be helpful to give the application some hint as to why it
disconnected, but they don't really provide any new functionality other
than more deterministic disconnected errors.

Jer