[xmppwg] End-to-end security handwaving

Pete Resnick presnick at qualcomm.com
Thu Oct 24 12:55:53 CDT 2002

There is a total of one sentence in each of the two drafts regarding
end-to-end security:

>Implementations MAY choose to offer MIME-based security services
>providing message integrity and confidentiality, such as OpenPGP or
>S/MIME.

(That's from -im; there's something almost identical in -core.)

That's nice, but doesn't say anything, given that there's no MIME in
either draft on which to use OpenPGP or S/MIME. Anyone care to clue
me in on how end-to-end security is going to work? I've been going
under the assumption that someone has been thinking about this.

pr
--
Pete Resnick <mailto:presnick at qualcomm.com>
QUALCOMM Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102