On 17 December 2012 12:35, Peter Waher <Peter.Waher@clayster.com> wrote:
Hello,
I’m writing to you to, to ask about the status of the following document:
I’m interested in developing extensions for allowing sensor data communication and IoT, among other things. We have multiple applications using XMPP and sensors. Before proposing an extension by ourselves, I’ve been waiting to find colleagues working in the same area, so we could propose an extension together, this increasing the probability for it to become useful.
What is the status of the above mentioned document? Is it set in stone, or is it possible to work on it, redefine parts of it, etc., in order for it to become more general and suitable also to our needs? Are you able to invite other authors to partake in the development of this proposed extension?
It was rejected by the council at its meeting 2011-04-27: http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2011-May/003164.html Nathan posted his reasoning here: http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2011-May/024545.html - and the discussion continued here: http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2011-May/024547.html No new version was submitted as far as I know, and I know of no public implementations of the protocol (that's not to say there aren't any of course...). Regards, Matthew