I find this slightly unfortunate, because XEP-0053 reads: The XMPP Registrar shall be responsible for interacting with the IANA on behalf of the XMPP Standards Foundation. If an XMPP Extension Protocol specification requires interaction with the IANA, that fact shall be noted by the document author(s) and discussed on the Standards mailing list along with normal discussion of the XEP. The XMPP Registrar shall collaborate with the author(s) to submit an appropriate request to the IANA. I suppose it could be argued that this registration has been made on behalf of ISO/IEC/IEEE working group 21451-1-4 (not the XSF), or even on behalf of no organization. What exactly is the relationship between this URI scheme and XEP-0347? Peter On 11/12/15 5:09 AM, Peter Waher wrote:
Hello Peter
Yes, this was registered in August:
http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/uri-schemes.xhtml https://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/iotdisco http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes/prov/iotdisco.pdf
I will also update XEP-0347 (ยง3.9) to reflect this new URI scheme for encoding conceptual identities of things.
Best regards, Peter Waher
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 19:55:37 -0700 From: Peter Saint-Andre <peter@andyet.net> To: XMPP in the Internet of Things <iot@xmpp.org> Subject: Re: [IOT] IANA application Message-ID: <5643FFA9.7030801@andyet.net> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=windows-1252; format=flowed
Was this ever done?
Sorry, this message was stuck in the queue.
On 7/10/15 10:41 AM, Peter Waher wrote:
Hello
During the work in other standards groups, there has been some interest in the discovery model presented in XEP-0347. This has lead to the desire to update the IoT-discovery encoding described in the XEP somewhat and formalize it into a URI scheme. I?ve therefore prepared an application to IANA for a provisional URI scheme. The idea is to send it by the end of next week. So, if you have time, and an interest, you?re welcome to return any comments, suggestions or questions to me by then, so I have a chance to update the application before mailing it. The idea is to update XEP-0347 after the approval of such a provisional URI scheme.
Best regards,
Peter Waher