eMail list use or not, I always thought it useful to have a 2ndary emergency channel to have to get in touch with the admins if necessary, or as a means to signal system wide changes (<irony>such as its shutdown</irony>). If it costs resources/money/electricity/CPU cycles/whatever I do understand the move though. So long, Wolf On October 10, 2024 4:12:16 PM UTC, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter@stpeter.im> wrote:
I'm old-school too! But please see https://www.jabber.org/ and especially https://www.jabber.org/faq.html for pointers to chatrooms. You can also contact me directly. :-)
On 10/10/24 9:17 AM, rachel@z3ers.com wrote:
Help the stupid me, please give a link to the jabber.org chatrooms and IM service?
I'm so old school. I love email lists, especially this one for its signal to noise ratio... no one posts WOB here.
I'll learn to use the chat rooms and IM service.
Thank you for jabber. Its the only one I use.
On 2024-10-10 09:17, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
This list was indeed used in the olden days, but no longer.
In any case, as mentioned, to simplify our infrastructure we are shutting down all email lists at jabber.org, of which there are only two: this one and JDev, which is also unused these days. Times change.
The xmpp.org lists, and the jabber.org chatrooms and IM service, will remain in operation.
On 10/10/24 12:55 AM, Polarian wrote:
If your first program is a Hello world, what should this be?
Goodbye world?
Anyways its a shame the mailing list is shutting down, even if it was never used.
Quick everyone start posting to the mailing list to save it /j
Take care,
_______________________________________________ JUser mailing list -- juser@jabber.org <mailto:juser@jabber.org> To unsubscribe send an email to juser-leave@jabber.org <mailto:juser- leave@jabber.org>
_______________________________________________ JUser mailing list -- juser@jabber.org To unsubscribe send an email to juser-leave@jabber.org
_______________________________________________ JUser mailing list -- juser@jabber.org To unsubscribe send an email to juser-leave@jabber.org