Le vendredi 6 février 2026, 12:08:00 heure normale d’Europe centrale Daniel Gultsch a écrit :
The XMPP Extensions Editor has received a proposal for a new XEP.
Title: Link Metadata Abstract: This specification describes how to attach metadata for links to a message.
URL: https://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/link-metadata.html
The Council will decide in the next two weeks whether to accept this proposal as an official XEP. _______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
Hello, Thanks for this proposal, I like it and was hopping for something like that for a while. 2 remarks: - "his metadata is commonly generated from the resource that can be retreived from the resource that can be found at the IRI," ==> it seems that there is an error in this sentence, the repetition of "generated/retreived from the resource". Also there is a typo, it's "retrieved". - the main issue I see with this proposal is that the sender can send fake preview for malicious website, like sending a link to "evil.example.com" and the preview say "it's kitties pictures". I don't think that this can really be avoided, but a mention of that in security considerations would be good. Maybe the receiving client should show a small warning about that? With my council hat, I'm +1 on it. Best, Goffi