Good day! I am working on Rivista[1], which is a journal publisher for XMPP. I test instances of Libervia and Movim against Rivista. Most of the tests are conducted against the official instance of Movim. The matter of this message is concerning to Adding a Comment[2] (clause 3.2 to XEP-0277). I have noticed that "reactions" are manifested exactly the same as comments, inside element title. The couple of indications that a comment is a reaction are: 1) Element title has a single character; or 2) The character or character combination is included in the range of characters that are dedicated for reactions. I would suggest to use a classifier. 1) Use element title as a classifier of post type, either a comment or a reaction, and use element summary as a handler for the comment itself; or 2) Use element category (e.g. xmpp:comment and xmpp:reaction); or 3) Utilize "Extension Elements" (clause 6.4 to RFC 4287). I think that solution #3 would be the ideal solution. Current ------- <entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'> <author> <name>Juliet Capulet</name> <uri>xmpp:juliet@capulet.lit</uri> </author> <title type='text'>She is so pretty!</title> <published>2008-05-08T18:39:02Z</published> </entry> Title as an indicator --------------------- <entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'> <author> <name>Juliet Capulet</name> <uri>xmpp:juliet@capulet.lit</uri> </author> <title type='text'>comment</title> <summary type='text'>She is so pretty!</summary> <published>2008-05-08T18:39:02Z</published> </entry> Category as an indicator ------------------------ <entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'> <author> <name>Juliet Capulet</name> <uri>xmpp:juliet@capulet.lit</uri> </author> <title type='text'>She is so pretty!</title> <category term='xmpp:comment'/> <published>2008-05-08T18:39:02Z</published> </entry> A dedicated extension --------------------- <feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xmlns:reactions="http://xmpp.org/2024/reactions"> For comments: <!-- Custom Reactions Extension --> <entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'> <author> <name>Juliet Capulet</name> <uri>xmpp:juliet@capulet.lit</uri> </author> <title type='text'>She is so pretty!</title> <reactions:reaction type="💡️"/> <reactions:reaction type="👍️"/> <published>2008-05-08T18:39:02Z</published> </entry> For posts: <!-- Custom Reactions Extension --> <reactions:reaction type="✒️" count="10"/> <reactions:reaction type="💡️" count="2"/> <reactions:reaction type="👍️" count="5"/> Kind regards, Schimon [1]: https://git.xmpp-it.net/sch/Rivista [2]: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0277.html#comment_add