Hi Schimon, yes, in Monal I'm using dico info requests to detect if a jid is a MUC or 1:1 chat: https://github.com/monal-im/Monal/blob/develop/Monal/Classes/xmpp.m#L4551[1] You'll have to properly check for different errors, see the comments in the code. -tmolitor Am Sonntag, 10. August 2025, 08:45:44 CEST schrieb Schimon Jehudah:
Good day.
I have a question concerning to preferable practice in JID recognition.
Preface -------
I am working on an XMPP service (i.e. "bot") for both private and group chat. I utilize Slixmpp for that task.
Slixmpp -------
Slixmpp has a "reply" function which automatically classifies the task, due to information which is attached to IQ Stanza.
Concern -------
However, when the service actively sends schedule messages, it needs to classify the given JID to which it sends a message.
Database --------
I have recently decided to classify subscribers of the service inside a database, which also has fields of Private, MIX, and MUC.
Disco -----
I was wondering whether should query JID addresses using "disco" (i.e. XEP-0030: Service Discovery), or should I utilize the database?
Utilizing "disco" is prone to errors (e.g. when server blocks another server - displaying "recepient-unavailable" - yet contacts can still communicate).
Conclusion ----------
Please advise.
Kind regards, Schimon _______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
-------- [1] https://github.com/monal-im/Monal/blob/develop/Monal/Classes/xmpp.m#L4551