Le vendredi 29 août 2025, 10:59:58 heure d’été d’Europe centrale Schimon Jehudah a écrit :
Good day.
I realize that PEP is a form of PubSub for accounts.
I do want to know whether it is feasible for an account to create a PEP node which other accounts can post items to it.
Please advise.
Kind regards, Schimon _______________________________________________ Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
Hi Schimon, By spec, there is only one publisher per node (https://xmpp.org/extensions/ xep-0163.html#approach-publisher), so a pure PEP implementation doesn't allow that. AFAIK, PEP was also done to have a "simplified pubsub" at a time were most pubsub implementation were incomplete, which may explain this. Note that its not a "MUST NOT", so it's mostly a recommendation to my eyes. However, some implementations (like Libervia Pubsub, the one I'm working on) are more flexible and allow the same things that in a XEP-0060 pubsub service. I think that it would be beneficial to allow PEP service to allow this flexibility (for example, you may want to allow somebody to casually post to your personal blog), but you should not assume that it possible right now. Maybe some disco feature could be used to explicitly show that it's supported to change access model/and or affiliations? Best, Goffi