Dear all, I’m a little bit involved with the DC EDIC (Digital Commons European Digital Infrastructure Consortium) and it seems like it could be interesting for the wider XMPP community. From its mission:
DC-EDIC develops, maintains, and scales digital commons for Europe, pooling resources across member states to reduce technological dependency.
<https://digital-commons-edic.eu/> The about page summarizes it pretty well and in short too, so I won’t copy- paste it here. They are setting up an EU STF similar to (and together with) the German Sovereign Tech Fund/Agency to sponsor development and maintenance of important software. While the first project is planned to be about a “collaborative workspace flagship”, communication and messaging is already explicitly part of that. In my opinion, DC EDIC could prove to be a big vector for getting FOSS, interoperability and (open-)standard-based formats and protocols into (European) public administrations and also to get funding for it. There are things both in the mission and the future project criteria that I feel resonate with the XMPP ecosystem very well and IMHO it would be a damn waste not to keep an eye on it and reach out. For example, there is currently a _call for experts_ out, where not just countries in DC EDIC, but also FOSS communities may suggest topic experts. I suggest the XSF puts forward someone there: <https://digital-commons-edic.eu/news/2026-07-01-advisory-board-call-for-experts/> kind regards, Matija -- gsm: tel:+386.41.849.552 www: https://matija.suklje.name xmpp: hook@campfire.wheremymonkeyis.at matrix: @hook:kompot.si