Good day. I have a question concerning to preferable practice in JID recognition. Preface ------- I am working on an XMPP service (i.e. "bot") for both private and group chat. I utilize Slixmpp for that task. Slixmpp ------- Slixmpp has a "reply" function which automatically classifies the task, due to information which is attached to IQ Stanza. Concern ------- However, when the service actively sends schedule messages, it needs to classify the given JID to which it sends a message. Database -------- I have recently decided to classify subscribers of the service inside a database, which also has fields of Private, MIX, and MUC. Disco ----- I was wondering whether should query JID addresses using "disco" (i.e. XEP-0030: Service Discovery), or should I utilize the database? Utilizing "disco" is prone to errors (e.g. when server blocks another server - displaying "recepient-unavailable" - yet contacts can still communicate). Conclusion ---------- Please advise. Kind regards, Schimon