Le jeudi 19 décembre 2024, 10:21:07 heure normale d’Europe centrale Daniel Gultsch a écrit :
This message constitutes notice of a Last Call for comments on XEP-0424.
Title: Message Retraction Abstract: This specification defines a method for indicating that a message should be retracted.
URL: https://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0424.html
This Last Call begins today and shall end at the close of business on 2025-01-06.
Please consider the following questions during this Last Call and send your feedback to the standards@xmpp.org discussion list:
1. Is this specification needed to fill gaps in the XMPP protocol stack or to clarify an existing protocol?
Yes, I think it's a different use case that message correction (in Libervia, I show history for message correction, and just a tombstone for retraction).
2. Does the specification solve the problem stated in the introduction and requirements?
yes
3. Do you plan to implement this specification in your code? If not, why not?
It's implemented in Libervia.
4. Do you have any security concerns related to this specification?
No more that was has already been stated.
5. Is the specification accurate and clearly written?
Globally yes. I just find that the section "The Sender MUST NOT send a retraction request for a message with non-messaging payloads. For example, a sender MUST NOT send a retraction for a roster item exchange request or a file transfer part." could state more explicitly that things like SFS (XEP-0447) can be removed, because the <body> is only a fallback there, and it's not clear if it's a messaging payload or not. With my council hat on, I'll most probably vote +1 on this one, I'm just waiting for Daniel feedback and mine above to be resolved. And in any case, thanks to the authors for their contributions.