Re: Receiving a pong signal from an offline JID
Hello Schimon (etl al)
I am working on a news service for XMPP, which sends messages according to status.
When JID is offline, service should stop.
Sounds like you would benefit from using PEP (XEP-0163) which accomplishes this. The publisher publishes a PEP event with its new service namespace, and only online entities with a presence subscription, and a corresponding service-detectable feature requesting PEP events with the corresponding news namespace, will receive the event. In this case, there's no need for the service to manually check subscribers and their current online presence. Best regards, Peter Waher
Peter. Good evening. Thank you for your advise! However, that might not work with accounts on servers that restrict PEP. Nevertheless, I will experiment with PEP as you advised. Kind reagrds, Schimon On Wed, 20 Aug 2025 09:41:07 +0000 Peter Waher <peterwaher@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello Schimon (etl al)
I am working on a news service for XMPP, which sends messages according to status.
When JID is offline, service should stop.
Sounds like you would benefit from using PEP (XEP-0163) which accomplishes this. The publisher publishes a PEP event with its new service namespace, and only online entities with a presence subscription, and a corresponding service-detectable feature requesting PEP events with the corresponding news namespace, will receive the event. In this case, there's no need for the service to manually check subscribers and their current online presence.
Best regards, Peter Waher
Greetings. Peter. I beg your pardon. I have interpreted your message instead of realizing it. Albeit, the issue appears to be solved, the solution that you offer seems to be perfect, and it could serve me in other projects as well. I will make a note of it and experiment with it. Thank you. Best regards, Schimon On Wed, 20 Aug 2025 18:14:15 +0300 Schimon Jehudah <sch@fedora.email> wrote:
Peter. Good evening.
Thank you for your advise!
However, that might not work with accounts on servers that restrict PEP.
Nevertheless, I will experiment with PEP as you advised.
Kind reagrds, Schimon
On Wed, 20 Aug 2025 09:41:07 +0000 Peter Waher <peterwaher@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hello Schimon (etl al)
I am working on a news service for XMPP, which sends messages according to status.
When JID is offline, service should stop.
Sounds like you would benefit from using PEP (XEP-0163) which accomplishes this. The publisher publishes a PEP event with its new service namespace, and only online entities with a presence subscription, and a corresponding service-detectable feature requesting PEP events with the corresponding news namespace, will receive the event. In this case, there's no need for the service to manually check subscribers and their current online presence.
Best regards, Peter Waher
Standards mailing list -- standards@xmpp.org To unsubscribe send an email to standards-leave@xmpp.org
participants (2)
-
Peter Waher -
Schimon Jehudah