[Council] a start on vCard++

Matthew A. Miller linuxwolf at outer-planes.net
Fri Nov 12 08:25:47 CST 2004

First, I offer my apologies; I won't be able to make it to today's
meeting.  What can I say other than, "things come up" (-:

Second, this JEP is a good start...as a registry.  But I don't think it
covers the actual use-cases.  I don't think it's enough to say "here's
how you map <"legacy" infoset> to x:data".  It needs to go further into
why we find vCard less-than-adequate (e.g. not extensible in and of
itself, requires a custom renderer/processor), and how it plays nice in
places it is likely to be used (e.g. pubsub, disco, etc.).

However, since this is the last item on the agenda, I very much doubt
we'll really be discussing this today (-;  I can go into more detail
either here or at the meeting we actually go over it (-:

Sorry!

-  LW