[Council] topics for 2009-09-09 (was: Re: meeting minutes, 2009-09-02)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Sep 2 16:19:32 CDT 2009

Here is my annotated version of this week's minutes, in preparation for
next week's meeting (including the names of those who have action items,
in all caps for ease of reference). See you next Wednesday!

> Results of the XMPP Council meeting held 2009-09-02...
>
> Agenda:
>
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2009-August/002606.html
>
> Log:
>
> http://logs.jabber.org/council@conference.jabber.org/2009-09-02.html
>
> Scribe: Peter Saint-Andre
>
> 0. Roll call
>
> Present: Dave Cridland (late but voted on some items), Ralph Meijer,
> Peter Saint-Andre, Kevin Smith.
>
> Absent: Jack Moffit.
>
> 1. XEP-0202 (Entity Time)
>
> Advance from Draft to Final?
>
> Ralph, Peter, and Kevin +1. Dave and Jack to vote on the list.

DAVE: vote?

JACK: vote?

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0202.html

> 2. XEP-0203 (Delayed Delivery)
>
> Advance from Draft to Final?
>
> Discussion about the security concern raised by Sergei Golovan at
> http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-August/022505.html
>
> Consensus that we need to at least add text to the effect that delay
> stamps might not be trustworthy, in XEP-0203 and XEP-0160 (and perhaps
> XEP-0045). Peter to formulate some proposed text. The Council might
> decide to issue a second Last Call after the changes are made.

PETER to propose text changes.

> 3. XEP-0227 (Portable Import/Export Format for XMPP-IM Servers)
>
> A revised version is needed and then the Council will need to issue a
> second Last Call. Peter to ping the spec author.

Email bounced -- will try IM.

> 4. XEP-0175: Best Practices for Use of SASL ANONYMOUS
>
> Jack still needs to provide his promised feedback on the standards@ list.

JACK: do you have feedback?

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0175.html

> Consensus that we can relax the text about resource binding, per list
> discussion.

Change made in SVN:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0175.xml?r2=3386&r1=3374

Or see:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2009-September/022560.html

> 5. Internationalization clarifications in XEPs 55 and 77
>
> Punted on these -- to be on the agenda at the next meeting, with SVN diffs.

The diffs are here:

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0055.xml?r2=3363&r1=2368

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0077.xml?r2=3363&r1=2820

> 6. SIFT <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sift.html>
>
> Some council members had not read the updated version 0.0.8 but will do
> so before the next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
RALPH

> 7. Muji <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/muji.html>
>
> Kev to review. Others +1 on publishing.

JACK: are you OK with publishing this?

KEV: please review

> 8. Design Considerations for Digital Signatures in XMPP
> <http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/dsig-design.html>
>
> Not extensively reviewed by the Council. To discuss at the next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
PETER
RALPH

> 9. XEP-0244 (IO Data)
>
> To discuss at next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
PETER
RALPH

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0244.html

> 10. XEP-0270 (XMPP Compliance Suites 2010)
>
> Council approved issuance of Last Call.

Last call issued.

http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0270.html

> 11. XEP-0256 (Last Activity in Presence)
>
> To discuss at next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
RALPH

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0256-1.1.html

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0256.xml?r1=3129&r2=3300

> 12. XEP-0136 (Message Archiving)
>
> To discuss at next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
RALPH

(I am +1).

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0136-1.1.html

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0136.xml?r1=2415&r2=3027

> 13. XEP-0080 (User Location)
>
> To discuss at next meeting.

To be reviewed by:

DAVE
JACK
KEV
RALPH

(I am +1).

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0080-1.7.html

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0080.xml?r2=3375&r1=3295

and a new topic...

14. XEP-0085: Chat State Notifications

I've made some more minor clarifications:

http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0085-2.1.html

http://svn.xmpp.org:18080/browse/XMPP/trunk/extensions/xep-0085.xml?r2=3388&r1=2992

/psa