[Council] Agenda 20100315

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 15 09:56:19 CDT 2010

On 3/15/10 3:30 AM, Kevin Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> A suggested agenda, bashing welcome.

Oddly, this meeting doesn't show up on my calendar despite the fact that
I checked in changes to /council/events.xml

> 1) Roll call.
>
> 2) Agenda bashing.

Seems OK.

> 3) XEP-0136: Message Archiving version 1.2rc1
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/tmp/xep-0136-1.2.html
> Diff: http://xmpp.org/extensions/diff/api/xep/0136/diff/1.1/vs/1.2rc1
>
> Accept changes?
>
> 4) XEP Notes.
> Should we have some comments attached to XEPs and proto-XEPs by Council?
> Cases in point: server ip check, Software information.
>
> 5) XEP-0232 / software information: this was recently deferred for
> inactivity but there is still interest in moving this forward. Can the
> Council review it again and more clearly specify its objections?
>
> 6) XEP-0193 / multiple resources per stream: several people have
> expressed an interest in bring back this feature (which was removed
> from rfc3920bis). Is the Council receptive to taking this on?
>
> 7) Date of next meeting.
>
> 8) Any other business.

9. Consistency of review periods:

http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/council/2010-March/002783.html

10. I've been working on the file transfer "stack", which is on the
roadmap. Feedback would be appreciated on XEP-0047 1.3rc2, recent
changes to XEPs 234, 260, and 261, and recent threads about XEP-0065.
I'll try to have a release candidate of XEP-0065 done this week.