[JDEV] [Transports 1.0]

Jeremie jeremie at jabber.org
Fri Feb 5 14:24:23 CST 1999

> I really like the idea of these transports, especially the ICQ one. I'm
> not sure how much (if any) progress is being made, but I'd like to
> volunteer my efforts..

Great!  From my playing, it's really really easy to write a transport that
will half-way work, it will be quite a bit more work to make it "complete"
though.

> The project seems a little hectic, at least until there is a good CVS tree
> setup.

It is a little hectic :-)  And yes, most of it should stabilize after we
have a working CVS archive and multiple developers with write access and
working on it, as well as a few people working on updating the web site
regularly and writing docs.

Jer