[JDEV] Jabber Applet GroupChat Problems!
greg.wong at plumtree.com
Tue Apr 17 11:42:25 CDT 2001
I'll take a swipe at the conferencing stuff.
Always wanted to learn java :)
I'll let this mailing list know once I get something that works.
No ETA...working on other stuff too (that pays -- gotta pay the bills
- -----Original Message-----
- From: kadokev at msg.net [mailto:kadokev at msg.net]
- Sent: Monday, April 16, 2001 9:45 PM
- To: jdev at jabber.org
- Subject: Re: [JDEV] Jabber Applet GroupChat Problems!
- A concise explanation of how the protocol has evolved is
- available at the
- end of this message, or a complete explanation at this URL:
- > Yeah, there's some trickery involved in getting it to work.
- I hacked some
- > mods for the applet and the 1.2 server, but I think 1.4
- broke 'em! If I
- > get a chance I'll dig out what I did (we're not using the
- > anymore - rolled our own with JabberBeans for some custom
- stuff) and post
- > back.
- If you start from the CVS checkout of the 'new' JabberApplet,
- it is somewhat
- closer to having the new 'Conference' service (replacement for the old
- GroupChat functions) than other versions.
- Functional 'group chat' to a 1.4 server from JabberApplet is
- something that
- many people (including myself.) desire, but so far nobody has
- put in the
- effort to make the changes to the code.
- I know just barely enough about Java to recompile the
- JabberApplet.jar, so
- I am a good candidate to test new versions, but not to write
- the code...
- Kevin Kadow
- MSG.Net, Inc.
- > On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, David Scott wrote:
- > > There's a few more modifications you'll need to make.
- The modifications
- > > you've made will allow the applet to recognize the
- groupchat service. Now
- > > you'll probably need to modify additional code (most likely in the
- > > JabberApplet.java, GroupChat.java and JabberComm.java
- files) to handle the
- > > newer groupchat.
- > >
- > > -----Original Message-----
- > > From: amit_a at myiris.com [mailto:amit_a at myiris.com]
- > > Subject: [JDEV] Jabber Applet GroupChat Problems!
- > > I installed the JabberApplet.jar on a RedHat
- > > linux machine and all other functions work fine
- > > except for the groupchat feature.
- > >
- > > When I chose the option of "Join Group Chat" on
- > > the applet menu, I got the error:
- > > "The Group Chat module has not been installed
- > > for the ... Jabber Server."
- This is correct, in that the new 'Conference' function is not
- compatible with the old 'Group Chat module'. Basically, there
- were three
- Groupchat 1.0
- Experimental iq:groupchat 1.1 aka 'conferencing' from CVS
- Conference 1.4
- The catch is, Conference / 1.4 does not support the
- experimental 1.1 version.
- jdev mailing list
- jdev at jabber.org
More information about the JDev