[JDEV] Karma and transferring large XML message packets...

Peter Sparago peter.sparago at snet.net
Thu Apr 26 04:44:06 CDT 2001


Hi Guys,

David and Jens are correct (I should have posted the resolution). A day or two ago, I discovered that I had a couple of bytes containing 0xB7 in the CDATA. The weird part was that the XML checkers I used (on Windows) didn't complain (go figure, right? :-) which led me in the completely wrong direction. Thanks for your help.

peter
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: jens at mac.com 
  To: jdev at jabber.org 
  Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 8:10 PM
  Subject: Re: [JDEV] Karma and transferring large XML message packets...


  On Wednesday, April 25, 2001, at 04:18 PM, David Waite wrote:


    bytes >127 are actually supposed to be UTF8-encoded


  That's actually almost certainly why the server was barfing on the data -- bad UTF-8, not bad XML. For example, IIRC, a byte >127 indicates the first byte of a multibyte character, and the subsequent byte(s) of the same character are supposed to also have the high bit set. So any three byte sequence of the form [<128] [>=128] [<128] would be illegal UTF-8 and cause the parser to barf.

  So David's recommendation to go with base64 should fix the problem.

  --Jens
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/jdev/attachments/20010426/5c9c7776/attachment-0002.htm>


More information about the JDev mailing list