[JDEV] [jabberd] ANNOUNCE: jabberd 2.0 beta 1 available for download
rob at cataclysm.cx
Tue Sep 2 20:16:04 CDT 2003
The jabberd project team is pleased to announce the release of jabberd
2.0 beta 1. This is the first in a series of beta releases of the
upcoming jabberd 2 server.
The server is a complete rewrite, with none of the old 1.4 code
included. This makes the transition non-trivial. A future release will
contain documentation and tools for migrating a 1.4 installation to a
The codebase is now in feature freeze, and so is suitable for testing
and planning. It shouldn't be used in a production environment yet.
Changes since a6:
* Offline message event (JEP-0022) support [rob]
* Message expiration (JEP-0023) support [rob]
* Libidn updated to 0.2.1 [rob]
* SQL templates for MySQL/PostgreSQL authreg modules <mike at mikeprince.com>
* Static builds (experimental) [rob]
* Optionally allow in-band password changes instead of full account creation [rob]
* Allow multiple s2s instances [mawis]
* Optionally restrict available authentication mechanisms [rob]
* SASL ANONYMOUS support [rob]
Downloads are available here:
Bug reports and feature requests should be submitted using the tools on
jabberstudio.org. Anything else should be sent to jabberd at jabberstudio.org.
Robert Norris GPG: 1024D/FC18E6C2
Email+Jabber: rob at cataclysm.cx Web: http://cataclysm.cx/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the JDev