[jdev] Re: jabberd 1.4.x bug with delayed delivery?

tailor tailor at v2tech.com
Wed Feb 25 19:43:03 CST 2004

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:41:17AM -0500, Nathan Walp wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 11:32, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>
>>>It seems there may be a bug in jabberd 1.4.2 (not sure about 1.4.3)
>>>regarding x:delay in presence stanzas. Specifically, if you are
>>>connected with one resource and log on and off with another resource,
>>>the server will add one <x/> delay child for each logoff. This can add
>>>up to a lot of <x/> children if someone is testing a client or something
>>>while remaining connected with the other resource (recently, I received
>>>a presence stanza with 115 <x/> children!!!).
>>>
>>>Has anyone else seen this?
>>
>>All the time.  It never really bothered me enough to look into the exact
>>circumstances causing it, or to figure out how to fix it.
>

> Well, receiving multiple presence stanzas with 115 <x/> children
> bothered me quite a bit. Especially because I was trying to do some
> XML debug work in Gabber at at the time. :-)
>
> /psa

once we connected 30 instances of the same account to jabberd, it even
caused a storm of presence packet bouncing among these connections and
cause the jabberd stopped to response. ( no connections will be accept
on 5222)
So i believe there is a bug in jabberd 1.4.2.

we are running it on a Jabberd-1.4.2 windows server.

tailor