[jdev] jabberd 1.4.x bug with delayed delivery?

Alexey Nezhdanov snake at penza-gsm.ru
Wed Feb 25 21:36:23 CST 2004

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:

>On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 11:41:17AM -0500, Nathan Walp wrote:
>

>>On Wed, 2004-02-25 at 11:32, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
>>

>>>It seems there may be a bug in jabberd 1.4.2 (not sure about 1.4.3)
>>>regarding x:delay in presence stanzas. Specifically, if you are
>>>connected with one resource and log on and off with another resource,
>>>the server will add one <x/> delay child for each logoff. This can add
>>>up to a lot of <x/> children if someone is testing a client or something
>>>while remaining connected with the other resource (recently, I received
>>>a presence stanza with 115 <x/> children!!!).
>>>
>>>Has anyone else seen this?
>>>

>>All the time.  It never really bothered me enough to look into the exact
>>circumstances causing it, or to figure out how to fix it.
>>

>Well, receiving multiple presence stanzas with 115 <x/> children
>bothered me quite a bit. Especially because I was trying to do some
>XML debug work in Gabber at at the time. :-)
>
>/psa

Tested with jabberd 1.4.3.
Going online and immidiatedly offline with second resource results in
real storm of presence stanzas to first resource from very different
JIDs. I think there are one presence stanza for every item in my roster.
And yes - there are multiple 'x' nodes in presence from disappeared
second resource.

Very odd.

--
Respectfully