[jdev] voicechat again
us at die-horde.de
Wed Mar 3 03:38:46 CST 2004
>Yep this is the point I tried to get across last time this was discussed,
>glad to see other people agree that we should first work on P2P voice
>between two users as I agree that it is the most likely use case, and
>anything more complex like multiuser voice chat can always be solved by a
>different spec just like we do with standard chat and MUC.
then here is the simple way for this §!&%§$% p2p case:
1) use JEP 95 to negotiate the voice session parameters
* includes voice codec ID
* includes frame size (i.e. 2600byte)
* includes crunched size if applicable
* includes channels (mono/stereo)
* includes sample size (8bit/16bit/24bit/32bit)
* includes sample rate (i.e. 8000hz/16000hz)
2) do JEP65 stream negotation.
go, implement it. i really give favor to server based approaches.
More information about the JDev