[jdev] base64 line endings
norman at rasmussen.co.za
Wed Apr 19 07:43:09 CDT 2006
On 4/19/06, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On 17 Apr 2006, at 17:32, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> >>>> It seems that JEP-0084 is inadvertently conflicting with itself by
> >>>> saying that data must be encoded the RFC 3548 way, and not
> >>>> explicitly
> >>>> allowing line feeds.
> I don't see a conflict here.
1. Most clients add line feeds.
2. JEP-0153 via rfc-2045 suggests adding line feeds.
3. xs:base64Binary spec, via rfc-2045 suggests adding line feeds.
My preferred result to this would be to change the JEP's to say line
feeds SHOULD not be added, but they MUST be accepted.
- Norman Rasmussen
- Email: norman at rasmussen.co.za
- Home page: http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/
More information about the JDev