[jdev] Release Candidate 1 of jabberd14 1.6.0 is available
m at tthias.eu
Sun Dec 10 16:55:10 CST 2006
I want to announce, that I just made available the first release
candidate of jabberd14 version 1.6.0.
The software is available for download at
New features and changes visible to the user
* Support for Privacy Lists (RFC3921 and XEP-0016)
* jabberd14 can localize the messages it sends to users to different
* SASL authentication is possible if jabberd14 is used together with
jadc2s (at least the following mechanisms should be supported:
CRAM-MD5, PLAIN, GSSAPI, DIGEST-MD5, NTLM, SRP, OTP, KERBEROS_V4)
* Support for Flexible Offline Message Retrieval (XEP-0013)
* Support for XMPP Ping (XEP-0199)
* jabberd14 now handles XML namespaces
* jabberd14 now handles xml:lang attributes defined on the stream
root element, declaring the default language of the stream. If a
stanza does not redeclare the language, this language is passed
along with the stanza.
* The full stanza that requests subscription to a user is passed
to this user, even if it has been stored offline. In addition the
request is stamped if the time of the request, if it is delivered
from offline storage.
* FIX: Handling of presences with negative priority had bugs, e.g.
messages were not delivered when changing from negative to
Changes in administration of the server
* Easier integration of jabberd14 into web projects, by having
additional data available in the database (e.g. presence
information can now be read by a web page with a single SQL SELECT
* New base handler base_dir that can periodically check a directory
for *.stanza files. These files are read, parsed, the content is
processed as a stanza, and the file is deleted afterwards. This
can be useful to inject messages and other stanzas to the server.
Stanzas sent to the handler are written as files using the *.out
extension. The directories for reading and writing are configured
using the <in/> and <out/> elements inside the <dir/> element.
* jabberd14 does not cache passwords in the session manager anymore,
you can now just update passwords in SQL and they are used
instantly. You can also just insert a password in your SQL
database to create a new account for a user.
* It is possible to block account names from being registered and
to enforce minimum and maximum lengths of the username on
registration of new accounts
* After an account has been deleted by the user, the JabberID is
blocked against reregistrations for half a year.
* jabberd14 can now easily migrate from old filespools (xdb_file) to
newer storage handlers by reconfiguring the server and then
importing the old data (-I command line option)
* The session manager of jabberd14 can no be restarted without users
sessions being dropped. This allows reconfiguring of the session
manager while it is serving users.
* Jabberd14 now understands the protocol between c2s and session
manager components of jabberd2. This allows development and usage
of c2s components for both server implementations.
* Settings in the dialback component configuration for disabling
xmpp streams or disabling tls now also affect subdomains of the
configured host. It is now also possible to require s2s
connections to some or all other hosts to be encrypted.
* Jabberd14 now supports SASL EXTERNAL authentication using TLS
certificates on s2s links.
* xdb_sql can be configured to execute an SQL query just after a
connection to the database server has been established or
This is useful for example if you are using MySQL 4.1+ and want to
set your used charset ("SET NAMES utf8").
* jabberd14 now uses libpopt for command line parsing.
* jabberd14 now detects stale pidfiles, and ignores them.
* The list of online users has to be fetched using service discovery
instead of browsing now.
* Removed support for the jabber:iq:admin namespace.
* Disabled support for the jabber:iq:agent and jabber:iq:agents in
the default configuration file.
* Removed support for the jabber:iq:filter namespace (which had
already been disabled in the default configuration of jabberd14
* Removed the mod_groups module.
* jabberd14 automatically generates the list of supported features
for a reply to a service discovery request. There is no need
anymore to configure a disco result in the configuration file.
Matthias Wimmer Fon +49-700 77 00 77 70
Züricher Str. 243 Fax +49-89 95 89 91 56
81476 München http://ma.tthias.eu/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4263 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the JDev