[jdev] Re: jdev Digest, Vol 41, Issue 9
stpeter at jabber.org
Sat Jun 23 21:25:53 CDT 2007
Hammad Ahmed wrote:
> PLZ HELP! CAN I USE THE JABBER/XMPP PROTOCOL CLIENT/SERVER ARCHITECTURE
> FOR A PORTAL LIKE "YAHOO ANSWERS"??? PLEASE REPLY ASAP... IT'S A MATTER
> OF LIFE N DEATH...
Congratulations on violating just about every rule of mailing list
etiquette in one post!
To wit, the following practices are deemed to be in poor taste and will
discourage people from replying in a helpful manner:
1. Writing in all caps (WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING AT US?).
2. Using incorrect grammar and spelling (PLZ?).
3. Replying to a digest post with a new subject.
4. Asking a poorly framed question (why do you assume that we know what
"Yahoo Answers" is?).
5. Exaggerating the severity of your situation (is someone holding a gun
to your head while you await the answer?).
6. Demanding immediate assistance.
Perhaps you could do a bit of research, clearly define your
requirements, and ask a more intelligent question next time?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 7358 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
More information about the JDev