[jdev] Roster Item Exchange XEP

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Mon Apr 14 02:17:25 CDT 2008

>  I just stumbled upon is message on the Websteam Mailinglist, and asked
> myself the question, why don't we ? ... have a roster item exchange XEP? I

http://www.xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0144.html

This has been implemented in PyMSN-t and Psi, although I forgot
whether it is actually in PyMSN-t mainline or not. It's not as
convenient as local transports, because you still have to accept one
'mass' subscription, but it's a lot less annoying than acking every
single contact.

> What about Shared Rosters? They could be updated without reconnecting?

I think 2 years ago, we started with a XEP that would allow rosters to
be distributed, but I forgot which XEP was supposed to implement that
(if there ever was one).

cheers,
Remko