[jdev] Vapor Status

Jonathan Dickinson jonathanD at k2.com
Mon Apr 14 09:55:12 CDT 2008

Hi All,

I just implemented direct stream to object support, so now instead of having this situation:

Stream -> Xml Tokens -> Xml DOM -> Xml Serializer -> Objects

I have the following:

Stream -> Xml Tokens [ + Xml Serializer] -> Objects

Very exciting, and very sexy ;). It's pretty untested though: but it's pretty fun to connect using PUTTY and see objects blasting out the other side :). I had to do it now because the .Net serializer wasn't paying attention to the xmlns tags on the elements (and I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with my XmlToken -> XmlDOM layer).

I need someone to /please/ port the XPNet parser to my framework so that I can profile my one and XPNet.

Also, can someone give a clue about which client was used to test the initial (unusable) versions of the various JabberDs? PUTTY and Notepad is getting tiresome :(.

-- Jonathan