[jdev] Vapor Status

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Apr 14 10:29:12 CDT 2008

Jonathan Dickinson wrote:

> Also, can someone give a clue about which client was used to test the
> initial (unusable) versions of the various JabberDs? PUTTY and
> Notepad is getting tiresome :(.

You mean in the early early days of jabber?

Jer released some kind of client with the first version of jabberd, but
by the time I joined the project in late '99 there were already clients
like Winjab, Gabber, and a few others that no one remembers anymore.
Plus of course a lot of used the telnet client for testing. But that was
easier in the days of iq:auth instead of SASL. :)

https://stpeter.im/