[jdev] Roster Item Exchange XEP

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at kde.org
Thu Apr 17 14:18:14 CDT 2008

Le mercredi 16 avril 2008, Sander Devrieze a écrit :
> >  >
> >  >  Wow, that's confusing. I was at least hoping that you would use
> >  >  different icons for things where you hide the real JID from the user,
> >  >  or visualize which transport this belongs to. Now there's no way to
> >  >  distinguish between me%domain.com at gateway.bla.com and me at domain.com
> >  > in your contact list. Sounds like a source for a lot of confusion,
> >  > making it a lot worse for your 'aunt tilly' than adding more cryptic
> >  > JIDs.
> >
> > I forgot to add the disclaimer: "please note that this screenshot is
> >  made on a special development build of Coccinella that does not
> >  include transport-specific icons. On Coccinella 0.96.6 or even cvs,
> >  you will get these icons."
>
> Please find attached a screenshot of the same roster in Coccinell cvs.

Haha !  reminds me Kopete :-)

Note, with Kopete, to distinguish native msn and transort one, we used a
combinaisons of both icons
http://blog.bepointbe.be/images/kde_screen/kopete_transports3.png
(the screenshot show kopete 0.12.0)
(We also do escape the adresses, using some smart rules. (like s/%/@/)