[jdev] New to the IM

Nishantha Pradeep nishantha at bcsc.lk
Sat Apr 19 05:34:51 CDT 2008

Hi all
 I am really new to the development of IM related technologies although I
used chat with my friends. Because of my academic purpose, I am going to
develop a IM client which uses the XMPP protocol. I went through some
existing clients and I found some unfamiliar words to me with respect to the
IM.

what is "resource" (this needs for connecting to a server)
what is http base (need to connect to the server)

I would be very thankful, if any can provide some help for me as well as I
hope to develop my web client using javascript/ajax and just give some
comments for that also

Cheers

Nishantha