[jdev] File Transfer and custom attributes

Michal 'vorner' Vaner vorner at ucw.cz
Wed Mar 5 09:08:45 CST 2008

Hello

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 12:22:11PM +0100, Matías Rojas wrote:
> I’m using Stream Initiation (XEP-0095) and File Transfer (XEP-0096) to send
> a file, but I need to include additional information about the file I’m
> sending.
>
> What is the best way to send custom attributes of a file?
>
> Should I use DataForm?

You need the other side to understand it as well, so you can
choose. There is no standard way to do this, so nothing will show it
anyway, so you can use dataforms (if your client already understands
them) to save some code, but you can make your own extension as well.

--
I left the ssh key under the doormat

Michal 'vorner' Vaner