[jdev] GSoC - IRC-to-MUC bridge

Carlo v. Loesch CvL at mail.symlynX.com
Wed Mar 19 14:09:56 CDT 2008

Tobias Markmann typeth:
| I proposed this idea and this kind of gateway because it won't harm
| IRC users and will enable jabber users to connect to a certain

it doesn't harm them if they get the *option* of having jabber
rosters, transports and all that jazz from within their existing
irc experience.

| protocol and that's it. Though of course there is still the
| possibility that the IRC people with their little egos won't like
| that. ;)

we have seen similar amounts of adversion to innovation not
only from irc people. it's a pretty generic human trait.

LRN: psyced simply doesn't load any of the PSYC code if noone
is using it, so there is no need to separate it from anything.
the work lies in enhancing the thing and getting it to work
with a billion different flavors of ircd.