[jdev] Wordpress plugin

Jehan jehan at zemarmot.net
Mon Mar 24 11:19:24 CDT 2008

Hello,

I just write to this mailing list after having spoken with the Gajim
devs. They told me that the development of a plugin for wordpress has
been proposed for the GSOC this year. And as I have finished today to
develop one, they adviced me to tell this here. So I subscribed to this
ml tell it.
Sorry if some guy wanted to propose such a project in the GSOC.

My source code should be available this week probably. I just want to
improve some details first, and I will publish it on the plugin website
of Wordpress under GPL (GPL 3 probably). For now, it just publishes a
post to a xmpp node when you publish it on your blog (and I am also
currently adding the publication to a node for comments).

But the only remaining (but BIG) issue is that... I just discovered that
no client has a real support for pubsub nodes (at least, nor Gajim or
Psi, the most advanced Jabber client I think)!!! With Psi, you can
navigate through the nodes, but the "subscribe" command stays always
greyed. And Gajim can subscribe only to root nodes... :-/
Moreover I could see in the xml console of both client that they well
receive the notification (so my plugin is working), but nothing happens
in the roster, nor any message appearing. That's why I was on the Gajim
conference room, to ask for details of their implementation. :-/

Maybe I will try to add such support on Gajim or Psi?.. Because I am sad
that my plugin is useless! :p

So see you!
And sorry again for removing a gsoc project (unless you want to have 2
same plugins, but the mine will be good, I assure you! :p).

Jehan