[jdev] another GSoC idea: JMS-to-XMPP bridge

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Mon Mar 24 16:30:34 CDT 2008

I've been receiving more inquiries about using XMPP for enterprise
messaging, along the lines of JMS, Tibco, webMethods, and the like. I
wonder if a GSoC project for a gateway between JMS and XMPP might be
interesting.

JMS has two modes:

1. publish-subscribe -- this maps pretty closely to XEP-0060 so writing
a bridge should be fairly straightforward.

2. point-to-point or queueing -- we don't have anything quite like this
in XMPP, although offline message storage gets us pretty close (we just
need to make sure the message is acked).

Thoughts?

https://stpeter.im/