[jdev] GSoC Proposal: XSD Schema Compiler

Gerhard Weis gweis at gmx.at
Tue Mar 25 21:39:16 CDT 2008

Hi,

as you mention ASN.1 and XML.
I did some research recently about it, and I found a standard 1:1
mapping for ASN.1 and XML-Schema, and there is also
a ASN.1 encoding standard (extended XER or something like that) which
ensures, that a structure serialized to XML
is valid according to the equivalent XML-Schema.

By using these two standards, it should be no problem to switch to ASN.
1 and vice verse.

Regards,
Gerhard