[jdev] Unsuscribe

Ali Jawad alijawad1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 08:41:44 CDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh at defuze.org> wrote:

> >>  That being said, a XMPP server is really meaningless if you don't
> >> define
> >>  how much of XMPP you'd like to support. For a student project, I guess
> >>  XMPP-core, XMPP-IM [3] server side would already be a solid project.
> >> More
> >>  might hurt the success of the project.
> >
> > Instead of creating (yet another) full XMPP server, how about creating
> > something like a standalone MUC component. This requires implementing
> > a part of an XMPP server, but certainly not everything from core and
> > IM. I have had a situation where I would have really liked to set up a
> > MUC conference server without running the full blown server.
> >
> > Or maybe, to have something more general, something that can take any
> > component (like a transport, ...), and serve it standalone. I haven't
> > given this much thought whether this technically makes sense or  is
> > possible at all, but from a user's perspective I think it would (cfr
> > the MUC case).
> >
> I can certainly see where you coming from but you may not be able to do
> just that without implementing most of RFC 3920 and part of 3921. That
> being said, if your application reisde in a closed environment you could
> consider dropping part of what would be useless to you. That wouldn't work
> well if you were to open your XMPP network to external nodes which may
> require more of it.
>
> Or you could just use ejabberd :)
>
> - Sylvain

With Regards
Ali Jawad System Administrator
http://www.alijawad.org
Phone : +961-01-559031
Mobile : +961-03-041705

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this E-mail are intended for the
named recipient only. It may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you received it in error, please notify us immediately and
then destroy it. Internet communications are not secure and therefore
I do we do not accept legal responsibility
for the contents of this message. Also, and though we provide every effort
to keep our network free from viruses, you would need to check this E-mail
and any attachments for viruses as we can take no responsibility for any
computer virus which might be transferred by way of this E-mail.