[jdev] [ANN] Prosody 0.3.0 Released
mwild1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:45:37 CST 2009
We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.3.0.
Possibly the most dramatic change from the previous release is that
of the license, from GPL to the more permissive MIT/X11.
Lots of under-the-hood fixes and improvements went on, but we still
managed to slip in a few new exciting features.
Prosody is a lightweight Jabber/XMPP server written in Lua. It aims
to be flexible, easy to extend, and simple to use for both users
and developers alike.
The following is a summary of changes since the previous version:
* Changed licensing from GPLv2 to MIT/X11
* Handle missing runtime dependencies even better
* Handle missing config file nicely
* New syntax for defining server components in the config file
* Module reloading (to apply code changes without a restart)
* Logging improvements
* Fix for ejabberd data import with incoming-only subscriptions
* Syslog support for POSIX systems
* Report correct PID on daemonization
* Add support for writing out pidfile during daemonization
* Stringprep support
* Fixed replies to some stanzas which generated an error
* Much improved BOSH support
* Rate-limiting for in-band registration
* Black/whitelists for in-band registration
* Don't fail for SASL auth with empty realm
We released 0.2 last month with experimental BOSH support, which
in this release is now quite stable. Please report any bugs found.
This release in turn brings us initial MUC support. Notably
missing are admin actions, status change broadcast, history
on join, and persistence between restarts. This should all
be implemented prior to the next (0.4) release.
All the known issues listed in the previous release have been fixed.
The Prosody Team
More information about the JDev