[jdev] [ANN] Prosody 0.5.1 Released
mwild1 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 17:17:37 CDT 2009
We are pleased to announce the release of Prosody 0.5.1.
This is a small bugfix release for the stable 0.5 branch.
Prosody is a lightweight Jabber/XMPP server written in Lua. It aims
to be flexible, easy to extend, and simple to use for both users
and developers alike.
The following is a summary of changes since the previous version:
* mod_muc: Fix the sending of the subject on room join
* posix: Lower the loglevel of error messages sent to syslog
* Fix traceback when subscription request sent to a host
* Improve handling/logging of SSL initialisation errors
* prosodyctl: Drop group if started as root to fix file ownership
* Fix that directed presence could be sent with no 'from'
* Enable timestamps by default when logging to files
* Warn when port configuration incorrectly under a virtual host
* Send stream opening tag if needed when sending stream errors
* PEP: Support for item retraction for some clients (eg. Psi)
* Fix possible doubled iq error responses
* Add the missing 'help' command to the telnet console :)
In other good news, Prosody is now a step closer to inclusion
in Debian - more on that soon :)
The Prosody Team
More information about the JDev