[jdev] XMPP questions

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 17:40:39 UTC 2012

On 10 February 2012 18:33, Ruff, Rob <rruff at scires.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the replies!!

> I have another question.  If I have two Spark clients, each connected to their own Openfire servers, and I break the network connection between the two servers, there is no indication on either client that they are no longer connected.  If I type a text message in one client, it behaves the same as if the servers were still connected and gives no indication of an error.  Is this the norm for XMPP clients?

There should be no error on simply disconnecting the link between the
two servers. If you send a message though, the sending server should
try to re-establish the connection to the other server. If this fails
it should bounce your message with an error, and ideally your client
displays this. I don't use Spark or Openfire so can't comment on their
behaviour in particular though.

Regards,
Matthew