[jdev] 4th Jan - XMPP encryption day 01
simon at buddycloud.com
Wed Nov 20 18:05:32 UTC 2013
"We owe it to our user's to provide secure communications" - St Peter.
To achieve ubiquitous encryption between clients and servers on XMPP, we're
doing a phased approach similar to the ipv6 test days.
- 4th January is the first test day of full XMPP encryption. The aim -
see what breaks when all XMPP sites enable secure communication.
- February 22, 2014 - second test day
- March 22, 2014 - third test day
- April 19, 2014 - fourth test day
- May 19, 2014 - permanent upgrade
This mean that you should:
- Sysadmins: check your server's security at http://XMPP.net
- XMPP developers: provide a bare minimum configuration to be able to
pass the tests at http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/Securing_XMPP
- Everyone: Sign the manifesto (via pull request):
I'm really excited to achieve this. It's been too long in the making but we
have no better reasons than now to get it done.
Please also spread the word on how XMPP takes user privacy seriously.
Simon Tennant | buddycloud.com | +49 17 8545 0880 | office hours:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the JDev