[Juser] jabber.com account but transport from another server.

John Draughn jdraughn at kiorisoft.com
Fri Oct 11 10:46:24 CDT 2002

Inline reply.

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 04:36, Miguel Carvalho wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 1. Jabber.com have two kind clients : the free one, only allows you to
> surf with their servers, and only has msn transport. If wan't more than
> that, you have to pay for that

When I first saw this message, I thought you were incorrect about the
Jabber.com Messenger.  JIM allowed you to configure it to sign into
whatever server you wanted, but the new "Jabber Messenger" has the
server field LOCKED OUT.

Perhaps you need to try Exodus (exodus.sf.net) for win32..

> 2. Anyone knows a good client for win, with transports for yms, msn and
> icq?

A client doesn't have transports, the server has transports.

> I've tried Jabber Messenger, Yabber, MyJabber,  chatterfish. I've had
> problems with all of them, specialy concerning to transports.
> Is there any that resolves icq server side contacts??

The problem with the ICQ server side contacts is within the transport,
not the client.  I'm not sure the transport has support to display the
server side contacts.