[Juser] Jabber client for Palm

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Fri Feb 14 14:53:06 CST 2003

Roman Slowioczek wrote:

>Hi,
>does someone know a good Jabber client for Palm OS. I plan to buy
>Palm Zire and use IM via GPRS service.
>Thank you in advance
>Roman

The JabberPalm client (http://sourceforge.net/projects/jabberpalm) seems
to work ok. It has some issues, but for most part it works. I have
"upgraded" the client to work with PalmOS 3.5 (see link to exe below) I
believe it will work with Zire (Haven't tested though).
The plan in the near future is to revive the project that was hosted on
SourceForge and continue it on Jabber Studio.JabberPalm project has been
created on Jabber Studio. I need to upload the new files (beginning of
semester, etc. is taking up a lot of my time these days).
I do have a copy of the new binary at
http://verma.sfsu.edu/users/wireless/jclient.prc.exe

After you download it, remove the .exe part and hotsync.

Sameer

--
Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Asst. Professor of Information Systems